Friday, December 19, 2014

A love letter

Five years ago today, perched on the observation deck of the Stratosphere above the glittering lights of Las Vegas, I married this devastatingly handsome man.


Before we ever spoke our first words to each other I noticed his eyes. Deep emerald green, and lined with the most beautiful black lashes I had ever seen. There's a mischievous slant to his eyebrows and a twinkle in his eye that indicates that he may been a direct descendant of Peter Pan or Huckleberry Finn.

I fell in love with his hands first. When they wrap around my waist, the mere size of them makes me feel small and delicate in comparison. With these talented hands he has fixed everything from our car engines to the tiny broken chip boards in our children's beloved toys. His hands have toiled long and hard days to ensure our family wants for nothing. The have gently cradled our children when they cry and they are the place I go to at the end of the day to find peace and companionship.

His sense of humor is it's own force of nature.  I'm constantly amazed at his ability whip up a joke or a clever comeback out of thin air in any situation. Sometimes it get's him in trouble but the longer I know him, I recognize that this is one of his most precious gifts. It is the sword he wields against the darkness of the world to hold it at bay. There have been days that I thought I would be swallowed up with sadness. Days when I KNEW that things would never be ok again. But my hero would raise up his sword, gather up the light and positivity around him and plunge it deep into my soul, bringing me back to life.

Ever since the day we met, my life has been carried by an undercurrent of complete magic. Unexplainable things have happened. When he's near me thunder races through my veins and becomes the beat of my own heart. His essence has poured into every inch of my life.  I feel his constant love and support rallying around me, even when I'm at my utter worst. He is my twin flame, my soul mate, my love. I call him my dream maker.



 
 
 
 
 
 







2 comments: